8 Cool Christmas Party Games for Kids
Christmas sets the mood for gaiety and warmth, thereby furnishing the perfect ingredients to have a party rolling. And, if the members are wholly kids, you cannot simply miss another factor: games. So, be it a large group or a small one, arrange a set of thrilling Christmas party games to have a super fun-filled day.
Easy Gift Exchange Game to Play with Large Groups in School
This one is ideal for toddlers as well as those in kindergarten and elementary school since it doesn’t involve any complication. Only make sure that each comes with a gift.
1. Left or Right
- 1 story containing the words “left” and “right” many times.
- Make the kids sit together with their gifts.
- Explain that the number of times they hear “left”, they need to shift their parcels to the one sitting on their left and accordingly, move their gifts to their right, as soon as they hear “right”.
- Read the story so that the kids may keep exchanging their gifts either to the left or right.
- At the end, each child is left with a different gift.
Interactive Christmas Party Games to Play Indoors
1. Holiday Trivia Game
- 1 sheet of paper
Write down 10 trivia questions related to holiday before the game begins.
- Assemble all the kids and tell them that they need to raise their hands on hearing a question.
- Ask the questions and at the end, give a gift to the one, who comes up with the maximum correct answers.
2. Name the Carol
- 1 mobile having the tunes of 10 famous Christmas Carols
- 1 stopwatch
- All kids must sit together and be silent.
- Play a tune and see who can recognize it. Repeat the same pattern with the other kids.
- The one with the maximum correct guesses is the winner.
3. Guess the Words
- 10 small paper strips
- 1 stopwatch
Write down small words associated with Christmas like “dinner table”, “balloons”, “yummy brownies” etc. in the strips and keep them in a bowl before the game starts.
- Have 2 teams of 4 players each and ask a member of the team say “A” to come up and pick up a strip from the bowl.
- He next has to act to make his teammates identify the words. The time allotted is 2 minutes.
- If team “A” cannot answer, the chance passes on to the next group and they get extra points.
- Now, repeat the procedure with the second team and find out the winner at the end.
Christmas Games to Play Outdoors with Kids
1. Dress up Santa
- 2 large red jackets
- 2 big red or black pants
- 20 red and white balloons (blown up)
- 1 stopwatch
- Divide 10 contestants into 2 teams and distribute the items equally.
- As soon as you say “Go” both teams need to dress up one of their members as Santa and stuff as many balloons as possible into his pants and jacket.
- The time limit is 3 minutes and none of the balloons must burst.
- The team with the most stuffed Santa is the champ.
2. Build a Snowman
- Kitchen tools for sculpting
- 2 old scarves
- 2 pairs of discarded gloves
- 2 small carrots for Santa’s nose
- 4 pebbles or buttons for his eyes
- 1 stopwatch
- Have 2 teams of 3 kids and dole out the accessories between them.
- With your saying “Start” each group must start building a snowman. They need to decorate it with the items provided after finishing the basic structure.
- They may give whatever shape they want, but each snowman must be made within 10 minutes.
- Give a suitable prize to the team that succeeds in making the most adorable snowman.
- All these indoor and outdoor Christmas party games are suitable for kids of middle school since they do not put a lot of stress on them and can be conducted without much difficulty.
Minute to Win it Games
1. Marshmallow Munch
It’s better to play this with high school students to avoid unpleasant occurrences like chocking etc.
- 1 jar of mini marshmallows
- 1 jar of hot chocolate
- 10 small cups
- 10 bowls
- 1 stopwatch
Place all the things on a table prior to the game.
- Ask the children to stand in a line and give the first one a bowl of marshmallows and a cup of hot chocolate.
- Inform him that he must finish it within 1 minute. The rest of the participants must follow suit.
- The ones able to complete in 1 minute receive an extra glass of steaming chocolate.
2. Snowball Scoop
- 2 large bowls
- 2 bags of cotton balls
- 1 bandana
- 1 big salad spoon
At the onset, put all the cotton balls into one of the bowls and keep the other empty.
- Select a candidate and blindfold him with the bandana.
- Now, take him near the bowls, hand him the spoon and ask him to move as many cotton balls as he can from the filled bowl to the vacant one.
- He can try thrice within the given 1 minute.
- Play it in the same manner with others to find out the one, who has the maximum number of cotton balls in his bowl.
Indulging in a host of funny Christmas party games enables most grown-ups to revisit a significant phase long lost – childhood. Amidst the innocent giggles and loud yellings of naughty youngsters, you are transported to another world of undiluted happiness. Play to your heart’s content to live up to the spirit of the season as never before.
A housewarming party is the perfect opportunity to introduce your guests to the interiors of your aesthetically decorated den. Organizing exciting games can serve as icebreakers for the group. Spread …