5 Olympic Themed Party Games for Adults
Organizing party games with Olympics as the underlying theme can be fascinating. Firstly, there is a host of diverse events at hand, and secondly, they can be arranged as per different seasons, for instance, summer, winter, etc. So, be it an indoor party or an outdoor, skim through this list of Olympic party games to make your celebration gratifying.
Olympic Party Game Ideas
Go for the Gold
- 50 pennies
- 2 empty jars
Before this summer Olympic game begins, toss the pennies into a pool and keep the jars at some distance.
- Divide the participants into 2 teams of 3 members each.
- With your saying “go” 2 members of each team must jump into the pool and start collecting the pennies.
- Within 2 minutes, they need to hand over as many pennies as they can to their partners, who have to put them in the empty jars.
- The team that collects the maximum number of pennies is the winner.
Who am I
- 10 flags of 10 different countries
- Make 2 teams of 3 members each.
- Pick one member of a team, hand a flag and let him display it before his partners.
- Now, within 30 seconds, they have to identify the country. If they fail, the chance passes on to the next team.
- Repeat the procedure with the other team and declare the one with the maximum right answers as the champ.
Pass the Sand
- 2 bowls, one full of sand and the other empty
- 2 plates
- 1 whistle
- Divide members into 2 teams of 5 and line them up. Place the bowls of sand at the starting point and the empty ones near the last contestants.
- With your blowing the whistle, the ones standing at the beginning of each line must grab some sand and pass it to the next one, who gives it to the third and so on.
- As soon as the last candidates pour what is left in his hands inside the empty jars, the first ones again proceed to repeat the entire pattern.
- The team that can collect the most sand within 2 minutes is declared triumphant in this backyard party game.
Obstacle Course Race
- 2 chairs
- 2 boxes
- 1 table
- 1 blanket
Before the race of this winter Olympic party game starts, mark two zones inside your room as start and end points. Now, keep the objects in between such that the runners need to jump over the chairs and boxes as well as crawl beneath the table to reach their destination.
- Select 2 candidates and make them stand near the starting point.
- As you say, “go” each should try to reach the terminus by overcoming all the obstacles.
- The one taking the least time to complete wins.
- 10 solo cups
- 10 ping pong balls
- 1 bottle of beer
Place the solo cups in the form of a triangle and fill them with 1/3 beer for this Olympic party drinking game.
- Divide the participants into 2 teams of 4 and let two come forward and stand near the cups.
- As soon as you say “start”, one should take the balls and try to land them inside the cups within 1 minute.
- The other team member has to drink beer from each of the cups, wherein the ping pong balls have landed.
Along with organizing games and activities, you may check out innovative decorating ideas like making Olympic torches from paper-towel tubes, as well as employing shades of the Olympic rings as your color scheme to add that extra edge to your party. Inculcate some tempting savories such as snack-filled torches, round shaped goodies etc. to literally live up to the theme. After all, even if you cannot participate physically, you may at least color yourself in Olympic style.